CNC Cycle Time Reduction
RFQ Reply Time (Hours)
BENEFITS OF FRICTION WELDING – PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT
- Full cross-sectional surface forging process yields very high strength.
- Join highly dissimilar metal combinations to optimize your product’s quality and properties.
- Low temperature solid state forging preserves microstructure and material properties (no melting).
- Very narrow heat-affected zone.
- Create casting / forging – like weldment blanks with minimal tooling costs and no minimum lot quantities.
Low temperature interface heat stage – spinning one component against another stationary component.
Second portion of the welding cycle shows displaced plastic state material while increasing pressure.
Spindle rotation is stopped and final axial forging force applied.
Flashing is shown here or optionally could be removed even for hardenable materials that would otherwise require grinding.
ASK A QUESTION
New to friction welding? Watch 1 minute video.
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
From A to Z:
NCT Inc. can provide complete solution – from material purchasing & friction welding thru final cnc machining. Parts delivered on time and per specification.